NodeMapp attaches great importance to your privacy and the protection of your personal data. In this privacy statement, we provide clear and transparent information on how we handle personal data. We do everything to guarantee your privacy and therefore we handle personal data with care. In all cases, NodeMapp observes the applicable laws and regulations, including the General Data Protection Regulation (also known as GDPR, Regulation EU 2016/679).
This implies that we have to:
- Processing of your personal data is limited to only those data which are necessary for the purposes for which they are processed.
- Please ask for your explicit permission if we need it for processing your personal data.
- Have taken appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure the security of your personal data.
- Do not pass on personal data to other parties, unless this is necessary for the execution of the purposes for which they were provided.
- We are aware of your rights as a data subject regarding your personal data, want to draw your attention to them and want to respect them.
2. Why do we process personal data?
Your personal data are processed by NodeMapp for one or more of the following purposes:
- Marketing: When you want to create an account on nodemapp.com you need to register and provide some personal data. If you give your explicit consent during the registration process, you will receive a regular newsletter from us (6 to 8 times a year). Each newsletter contains a link by which you can unsubscribe at any time.
- Service: When you register with NodeMapp you get an account which allows you to log in to our website and app and use additional features (download GPX files, import routes to our app, generate altitude profiles, save routes to your account, etc.).
- Analysis: We also use your personal data to analyse who our target audience is, where our audience comes from and what routes/regions are most popular with our users (average age and main places where our users come from). This allows us to further improve the service on NodeMapp and tailor it to our target audience.
3. What data do we process?
- Identification data: name, first name
- Contact details: e-mail, postal code, country
- Personal characteristics: year of birth
We only collect personal data that you provide to us via the registration form on nodemapp.com. We do not collect personal data through third parties, with the exception of the information received from affiliated companies and/or suppliers of products and services in the context of executing our assignment.
Every time a user creates or downloads a route via nodemapp.com (as a GPX file, import on smartphone or A4 printout), we store this route in our database. This data is completely anonymised: no link is kept between the routes you download and your personal data. This means that no one, not even us at NodeMapp, can link a downloaded route to a person (with the exception of routes you store in your own account, but these routes are not included in our analysis). This data is only used for analysis and service improvement purposes: it gives us a picture of the most popular routes and helps us to know where to prioritise when we publish new routes. Third parties (such as Provincial Tourism Organisations) may have access to this data for analysis purposes, but in no case will personal data be transferred during this transaction.
NodeMapp uses services provided by Google:
On our website, we use Google Analytics (to gather user statistics) and Google Adsense (to display advertisements, whether personalised or not). How Google uses and processes personal data is explained on this webpage:
4. Provision of data to third-party processors
We may provide the data you give us to third parties if this is necessary for the fulfilment of the purposes described above.
We use a third party (processor) for:
- Storing and processing data in the Cloud (via a Cloud Service Provider).
- Taking care of the internet environment (web hosting, mail hosting).
- Carrying out marketing activities (a platform for sending newsletters)
We never pass on personal data to processors (external service providers) other than those with whom we have concluded a processing agreement.
5. Provision of data to third-party recipients
We never share personal data with external parties unless this is legally required and/or permitted, such as in the context of a police or legal investigation. We may share personal data with third parties if you give us permission to do so. This consent can be withdrawn at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of the processing before the withdrawal.
We do not provide personal data to parties located outside the European Economic Area.
7. Storage period
NodeMapp does not store personal data longer than necessary to realise the purpose for which it was provided. However, retention periods may differ per purpose. NodeMapp commits itself to keep the data no longer than necessary.
8. Data security
The following appropriate technical and organisational measures are taken to protect personal data as best as possible against unlawful processing:
- All persons who have access to your data on behalf of NodeMapp are bound to secrecy.
- We have a username and password policy on all our systems.
- Our website uses SSL (HTTPS). This means that every time you send data to our servers (via a form) it is sent over a secure connection.
- We pseudonymise and encrypt personal data if necessary.
- We test and evaluate our measures at regular intervals and adjust them if necessary.
9. Using our app
10. Your rights regarding your data
- You have the right to see your personal data.
- You have the right to correct and complete your data if it is incorrect or incomplete.
- You have the right to erase (remove) the personal data we have received from you, which are no longer strictly necessary for the purposes for which they were processed. We do, however, reserve the right to determine whether your request is justified.
- You have the right to restrict data processing: if you object to the processing of certain data, you can ask for this processing to be stopped. In practice, this usually means that your personal data will be deleted from all our systems.
- You can also object to the way in which certain of your personal data is processed. For example, you have the right to object to the use of your personal data for direct marketing purposes (via unsubscribe options in e-mails and in your account).
- You also have the right to have the data you provide transferred by us to yourself or on your behalf directly to another party.
- You can view and adjust your personal data by logging in on our website (www.nodemapp.com) with your account. In the navigation menu, under 'Account' > 'Profile', you can consult your data, adjust them and submit a request for deletion. If you want to remove your data completely from our systems or exercise other rights concerning data processing, you can do so by contacting us via the contact page: www.nodemapp.com/en/contact. We may ask you to identify yourself before we can comply with the aforementioned requests. In order to prevent abuse, we may ask you to provide adequate identification. Within 10 working days of your request for deletion, we will confirm that your data has been deleted from our systems.
If you have a complaint about the processing of your personal data or about the exercise of your rights, please contact us directly via our contact page: www.nodemapp.com/en/contact
You always have the right to complain to the Data Protection Authority (DPA).
12. Changes to our privacy statement
NodeMapp may amend this privacy statement at any time.
13. Questions and feedback
A. Van Looplein 19, 2235 Hulshout (Belgium)
KBO number 0834.906.219
You can contact us via our contact page: